OVERNIGHT & WEEKEND TECHNICIAN ASSISTANTS
We are currently recruiting dedicated and knowledgeable Vet Tech Assistants to join our growing team!
All Valley Animal Care Center is located in the every growing area of Meridian, Idaho, just minutes down Interstate 84 from downtown Boise, Idaho. The 23,000 square foot hospital provides full veterinary care as well as 24-hour emergency services. The center is also associated with a 24/7 deluxe boarding facility, animal rescue and two full service general service veterinary clinics in the Boise area.
The Vet Tech Assistant Position requires someone who is highly organized, thrives while working in a fast-paced environment, has great attention to detail, cares deeply about pets and possesses wonderful customer service skills.
Some specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping the ICU stocked with important materials (blood tubes, gauze, syringes, etc.).
- Cleaning dirty kennels in the ICU, dog ward, cat ward, and dog runs.
- Helping wash/put away dishes and litter boxes.
- Assisting Technicians when necessary by restraining patients for miscellaneous procedures.
- Keeping up on laundry and making sure blankets/towels are stocked in the ICU.
- Sweep and mop floors in the ICU.
- Prepping surgical, dental and orthopedic packs.
- Preparing surgical gowns, drapes and other items that require sterilization (gas/steam).
- Rotate surgical laundry throughout the day and sterilize as needed
- Stocking materials in the treatment area, isolation ward, as well as the dog and cat wards.
- Deep Clean kennel doors, IV poles/pumps, prep tables, etc. in the ICU and all wards.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Working knowledge of dog/cat behavior
- Sincere interest in working with dogs/cats and their human companions
- Willingness and ability to adhere to strict sanitary, safety and client service policies
- Reliable and safety minded
- Cleanliness always on top of mind
- Must be willing to fill in/work weekends and holidays when needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to lift approximately 50-60 lbs
- Ability to do strenuous activity for long periods of time (sitting, crouching, walking, etc.)
- Very detail oriented
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Excellent time management skills
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment background check.
Details: Full Time Wanted
Starting Wage: DOE
Shifts available: Mornings, Nights and Weekends
Job Type: Full-time